Thursday, 21 August 2008
The Subway
Normally genius is not a word that I would use to describe myself but yesterday that all changed when I took the Tokyo subway by myself! Who knows how I did it but I did. Not only did I do it but I got where I needed to go - the AT office. After buying my subway ticket (an accomplishment on its own) I stood starring at the subway map and I realized that this was not the train that I took on Wednesday with Yumi, my guide. So I asked the "information officer" how to get to get to Ebisu. Unfortunately he spoke as much English as I speak Japanese, which means none but he did point up. So I left the subway station and came across what looked like the train Yumi and I had taken the day before. So I bought another ticket, managed to find the right track (I guessed) and got to Ebisu on the JR line - another train. I know it doesn't sound like an incredible accomplishment but it was! This is no NY subway system - this thing is a monster!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment